Monday, May 30, 2016

#JOGL My First OpenGL program in Java

I recently got an interview call for a requirement for high end graphics(CUDA etc), with strong skills in java, hadoop and knowledge of spark were added advantages. It is very clear that java, python and more modern languages are the future of graphics.
I learn't that Java is gaining popularity in writing games in OpenGL. I am now forced to work on Java now that my college has made a switch to OpenGL using Java. So Bye-Bye-C. The ultimate goal of shifting to java is obviously to develop android games. OpenGL ES which stands for OpenGL for Embedded Systems (or GLES) is a subset of the OpenGL computer graphics rendering application programming interface (API) for rendering 2D and 3D computer graphics such as those used by video games, typically hardware-accelerated using a graphics processing unit (GPU).
My first program using JOGL draws a red polygon and a green line.

Here is a snapshot:

Here is the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment